Monday 20 June 2016

FAVOURITE LUSH FACE MASKS


I have been a fan of Lush for a number of years and the fresh face masks are easily some of their most popular products and my favourite product too. This one is a fantastic ‘starter’ face mask. Gorgeous in colour, texture and scent this is a great one if you haven’t had a face mask before. All the face masks are clay based so therefore harden. All of the lush products have natural ingredients hence it is best fro your skin. Free from any harmful chemicals







 CATASTROPHE COSMETIC FRESH FACE MASK

Catastrophe Cosmetic is one my favourite mask from this list, but it seems to be impossible for me not to make a huge mess when I use this. The application goes smoothly, by using my usual ‘Face Mask’ flat foundation brush to apply, however when it starts to dry I find the problems start. Due to it having actual pieces of blueberries and a slightly bizarre texture, I found as the mask sets, it seems to clump and ball up, and literally just drop off my face. The last time I used this I actually had to get a dustpan and brush out on my floor and sweep up all of the hardened face mask off the floor. 


However, other than this downfall, I do actually really like this mask. Containing blueberries, calamine, and chamomile, rose, and almond oils, Catastrophe Cosmetic is said to be a great calming, soothing and moisturising face mask that can help prevent breakouts. Whilst I wouldn’t say that this mask has prevented breakouts for me. I do think it helps to calm, and moisturise my skin, whilst reducing any redness I may have.
Blueberries and calamine help to soothe irritated skin and help with any breakouts that ensue especially good for hormonal breakouts.
This is also a fantastic one for the summer as the calamine will help to soothe any sunburn or redness caused by severe heat. The blueberries used are also high in vitamins A, C and E which help to protect the skin from any damage.



PRINCE OF DARKNESS

Full of charcoal the Prince of Darkness is black in colour and is a tad messy but the results are totally worth it! The charcoal, sourced from Poole, is a great detoxifier and will get deep down into the pores taking away with it any dirt and grime.
Full of gorgeous butters and oils, this left my skin feeling much more cleansed and very soft. One of my favourites.



DON'T LOOK AT ME

This was easily my favourite of the four exclusive face masks that can be found at the flagship Oxford Street store – not only because of the bright Smurf-like colour, but also because of the smell! Lemon juice and grapefruit oil make the scent really fresh and uplifting, as well as brightening and revitalising the skin.
Murumuru butter and kaolin are also used to soften the skin with rice and tofu used to exfoliate which makes it very deep cleansing and a similar texture to the Brazened Honey face mask.




LOVE LETTUCE

Lavender and ground almond shells are the two main ingredients in this one with lavender fantastic for soothing and balancing the skin and the almond shells being the exfoliant.
Kaolin also helps to cleanse the skin and gets any dirt out with honey soothing the skin which is always needed after exfoliation. The reason why this face mask rates so highly is because this made my ski n radiant, soft and helped to keep my acne away when I was a teenager.




THE SACRED TRUTH

Being off the shelves for a number of months, The Sacred Truth is back with a vengeance. Reformulated, I see this as a fantastic alternative to Ayesha as it still have the tightening and brightening elements whilst nourishing the skin more so fantastic for more mature skin that tend to have the odd dry patch.
The Sacred Truth is full of papaya and ginkgo leaf to boost the blood circulation which in turn helps to brighten and tighten the skin. Honey, yoghurt and egg help to soothe, soften and nourish the skin.
Having tried both the new version and the older version I would have to say that the reformulated Sacred Truth is a lot runnier and it seems not as clay based as the original meaning that it won’t harden as the other ones do. That being said, I have tried it and it did what it said on the pot! It is a fantastic anti- ageing mask too.



MASK OF MAGNAMINTY FACE & BODY MASK

When my skin is really playing up, or when I’ve got those sore under the skin spots lurking around, I like to opt for Mask of Magnaminty to give me a helping hand. This is the only mask in this list that isn’t a fresh mask, so it doesn’t need to be kept in the fridge, unlike the other. Although this doesn’t need to be kept in the fridge, it still gives an incredibly cool, fresh feeling on my skin, and can tingle slightly due to the mint extracts, which I personally love. Mask of Magnaminty has been created with a mixture of gentle yet effective ingredients that are used to help clean, calm and clear the skin. Peppermint oil stimulates, whilst marigold oil and chlorophyllin treat the skin and evening primrose seeds and aduki beans act as a gentle exfoliator as you remove the mask. I feel like this makes a big difference to my skin when used, and leaves my skin feeling thoroughly cleansed, smooth, soft and supple and I do think it helps with my acne too which is always a huge bonus for me!




One of the best things about lush is that if you take back empty pots you get a brand new full pot of product for free. This recycling is not only environment friendly but customer friendly too. All products have natural ingredients hence it is best fro your skin. Free from any harmful chemicals and they fight against animal testing too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment