Friday 24 June 2016

BOOTS BOTANICS SHINE AWAY IONIC CLAY MASK REVIEW


BOOTS own brand Botanics have come out with very good products as it uses some natural strong ingredients. This is the 1st one I have tried from the range. I love using clay masks as I have combination skin i would like to use it on my forehead, T zone and my chin. But if you have oily skin you should use it all over your face. 



This mask is not very expensive similar to the price of lush face masks but i always find it out of stock in boots as it seems to be one of a high in demand product. 

Packaging is in a tube form. Screw open the lid and squeeze the product out. Well i don't mind the packaging but I would prefer to have this mask in a pot. As I experience a disaster the 1st time I opened it. When I opened the tube and tried to squeeze out the product on to my fingers to apply ; It was so watery that it just spill from in between my fingers onto the bathroom floor. And my 1st reaction was a shock moment as to what a hell of a mess was that. As I tried to apply on my face still it was so watery that it kept spilling from my face and my bathroom skin was in a terrible mess.
I supposed that the clay and the water had separated probably needed to shake or stir the product well. I tried shaking the tube before applying but I found it better to put the content in a bowl and use a face brush and stir is well and then to apply it evenly on to my face. 





It has draw backs as from the ingredient list, there aren't any emulsifiers, which are ingredients like fatty acids (stearic acid is an example) that help hold products like together so they don't separate and become unusable. This formula also lacks "stabilizing" or thickening ingredients (like glycerine or butylene glycol) to keep the clay (sea silt) from drying up in the tube.


It claims to attract impurities like a magnet. It not a wow as clay has a property to absorb excess oil. But ionic clay is just a marketing gimmick.

In terms of the results of using the mask I simply liked its effect. It left my skin feeling nice and clean it didn't make it feel drying at all and it has helped a lot to prevent or subside any breakout that I have had. As I don't have a major issue with breakouts It only occurs due to hormonal imbalance during that time of the month. Otherwise my skin is fairly free from it hence I can't say if it is very effective with pimples/ zests. It is a simple and effective mask. 

It has draw backs as from the ingredient list, there aren't any emulsifiers, which are ingredients like fatty acids (stearic acid is an example) that help hold products like together so they don't separate and become unusable. This formula also lacks "stabilizing" or thickening ingredients (like glycerine or butylene glycol) to keep the clay (sea silt) from drying up in the tube.



I would say that the price of the product its high as this kind of a product can me made at home in our very own kitchen.

Boots always have offers like 3 for 2 from which you can benefit. I will not buy this product again though as I didn't like the consistency of the product and it is not travel friendly either.

No comments:

Post a Comment